We are constantly updating this article to share the latest changes for better customer experience.
Live Order (Dynamic) or Pay Later is a seamless solution that allows your customer to make the order through their mobile devices.
This solution is also known as:
- Pay Later
- Dynamic Live Order
- Dynamic QR
- BYOD Sales
Module: Classic - FNB Sales
"Pay Later" refers to the sales that requires the customer to make an order firs through web browser on their mobile device, then make the payment later. This setup is commonly used for dine-in restaurants.
1) In FNB POS, waiter selects a table for dine-in sales to generate a dynamic QR code.
2) Customer scans the QR code and make an order through the web-based interface.
3) Order is sent and received by Xilnex Classic, then send the order to the kitchen for food preparation.
4) Pay at the counter after the dine-in.
- Sales Timer & Signal R
- Quick UI Button
- Menu Order Source
- Fire Order Source
Sales Timer & Signal R
Go to [System Configuration] -> [General] -> [This Machine ]
Explaining the settings
In this article, we are going to focus on Dynamic QR only, to know more about info about Static, please refer here (coming soon).
Important: Kindly only enable the setting below on one (1) POS machine within an outlet.
- Enable Signal R Connection: Enable this machine to receive order from QR ordering.
- Live Order (Dynamic QR): Enable Dynamic QR Order.
- Live Order (Static) - Print Docket for Order Data from Past  hours: This is a safety configuration that compares the QR printed time with the customer order time. If the setting is set to 12 hours and the order that was received by the kitchen 12 hours later, this order will not automatically send to the kitchen.
- Live Order (Dynamic) - Check New Pick Up Order (Dynamic) in  minutes:
- Live Order (Dynamic) - Enable Live Order (Dynamic) Auto Print: Auto firing the order to the kitchen for food preparation.
- Signal R Trigger Machine: Cashier POS Machine Site ID
There are two (2) mechanisms here how the order is sent to the kitchen: Sales Timer & Signal R
Sales Timer: The POS will check for upcoming order for every X minutes set.
PROs: Stable. Easier for the waiters and kitchen to handle the order.
CONs: Slightly delay, order is sent to the kitchen between 1 second up to 1 minute.
Signal R: POS always check the server and send the order to the kitchen within 5 seconds.
PROs: Fast and Instant.
CONs: Inconsistent performance when the connection is unstable.
Notes: We are releasing a patch to improve this very soon (Sept 2022).
Quick UI Button
Go to [System Configuration] -> [UI Configuration] -> [All Outlet] -> [Quick Button Setup] -> Enable the icon.
Note: You may notice there are two (2) identical icons here. You want to enable the icon with the functions as below:
- Print QR
- Reprint QR
Menu Order Source
Go to [Master Data] -> Select [Menu Management] ->Select the menu [Order Source].
If the displayed menu on the customer's device shares the same menu as the POS, enable "XILNEXBYODORDERS".
Fire Order Source
Go to [System Configuration] -> Select [FnB Printing/KDS] ->Under [Fire Order Profile Configuration] -> [Order Source] -> Check [Live Order (Dynamic QR)] -> Apply -> Save.
Enable Signal R in Xilnex Portal
Go to https://portal2.xilnex.com/SalesChannel/LiveOrder/StoreSetup/Store
Select the outlet -> [More] -> [Edit] -> [Operation Status].
SignalR Status: Enable
Things you may want to know:
- Table is locked upon printing QR code.
- You can view the order under [Pending Sales] or View Live Order (Dynamic).
- You can void the sales under [Sales History].
- The sales number starts with 900 (Site ID).
- You can add another item seamlessly from mobile or directly key-in into the POS by the waiter.
- Order source for Dynamic QR in the Xilnex Classic = XILNEXBYODORDERS.
Article is closed for comments.