1 - Creating an Item
Permission to create an item may be necessary.
- Master Data -> Item. In our terms, we call this [Item Form].
- Fields required: Item Name & Item Code
- - Item Code cannot be duplicated.
- Fill in the item info (if required) then Save.
2 - Stock Type
The Default stock type is set as "Normal" type. You may change the stock type according to whichever item you are creating. Please take note that the item behavior may change according to its selected stock type. The stock type cannot be changed after being saved.
- Basic stock movement. Suitable for all sorts of item with a single unit.
- An item with a serial number. Suitable for electronic products.
- Item price is calculated by weight during sales. Suitable for food ingredients.
- An item with customizable variations such as colour and size. Suitable for clothes.
- Service Based
- An item with no physical stock or stock movement is not required. Suitable for services such as installation and other workman services.
- An item with additional warranty.
- Required to be created for setting up On-Sales voucher.
- Prepack can be set up with multiple items as a package but has individual stock quantity. Suitable for Hampers.
- Similar to Prepack but only one item can be set up with Postpack. Suitable for bundles (different UOM) within the same item.
- Bundle (Bill of Material)
- Multiple items are tied to a single item code.
3 - Item Info / Stock Info
There are many fields available in this item form but what are their purposes?
- Some fields may be used for referencing and reporting purposes however some may be very important!
These are the suggested info that we strongly recommend you take a few minutes to look into:
- Item -> Item Behavioral
- Additional Info -> Tax Code
- If your business conduct is subjected to government tax (inclusion or exclusion), this is where you want to set it up for your item.
- Supply: Tax on Sales
- Purchase: Tax on Purchasing from suppliers.
- Tax configuration may be required. See how.
3. Pricing & Costing
- You're not giving away the item for free, are you?
4 - More Tips for Item Info Management
We have mentioned referencing & reporting purposes above, what does it actually mean?
By having those meaningful data on your item, they can be used as a filter when you try to run the listing or generate certain reports on our Web Report module (See how).
1. Additional Information
- Unit of Measurement: Product UOM (E.g: KG, LTR, CTN, PCK)
- Tax Code (Supply): SST, SR, SV. GST
- Tax Code (Purchase): TX, ZP
- Colour Tag: Tag this item to show specific color in your item list.
- 7 price schemes are available.
- Custom Cost: Item costing, may affect average cost.
3. Barcode Look Up
- Set up multiple barcodes for the item such as an additional manufacturer barcode.
4. Seasonal Price
- Setting up a special discount within a period. However, we highly suggest you control all your promotional discounts on our WebApp Promo Engine.
- Product commission by percentage or amount, caluclate based on sales item level.
- For referencing and reporting purposes only.
6. Purchasing Information
- Keep track of the product life spend or expiry date.
7. Outlets Stock
- View the stock balance of each outlet.
8. Outlet Setting
- To set additional item behavior based on outlet level.
- Preferred Vendor Name/Code
- Allow to Purchase.
- Allow to Sell
- Allow To Transfer
- Allow To issue
- Allow to Receipt
- Allow to Request
- Allow Inter Company
- You can also manage these or more settings in [Item Management
9. Custom Fields
- Support up to 15 custom fields.
- If you find that you need additional fields for your item management, consider using them.
- Change the field name by selecting the field -> hit the Delete button on your keyboard to rename the field name.
Notes: There are more functions in this item form that we did not include here. Feel free to explore them!
Frequently Asked Questions
What's the difference between Item ID and Item Code?
Item ID is a unique ID that is generated by the system upon creation. It can't be changed unlike the Item Code, where it can be formed with numeric and alphabets characters and you can change it to a new code anytime.
Can I change the item stock type?
Can I convert a non-batch item into a batch item?
I have hundreds of items to be created. Is there a better way to create multiple items at the same time?
Yes. You may use the Item Import function.
Can I bulk-edit my item info?
You can filter the record in the item list -> right-click -> Value Editor. Alternatively, you can also use the item import function to bulk edit items.
How do I add stock to my item?
Ideally, you can increase your stock balance by issuing a GRN [Good Receive Notes]. Alternatively, you can also use Stock Adjustment.
Is it possible to set different pricing for different outlets?
Yes. Check [Location Price] under [Setting] in item form.
Can I bulk delete items?
This function is only available in our latest version.
How many pictures can I add for one item?
You can upload up to 6 images for a single item.
Can I unify(or combine) my item stock balance across all outlets?
No. According to system logic, the stock balance is defined by outlet level.
How to set up Prepack, Postpack, Bundle and Recipe?
You can set it up in the Bill Of Materials or create the item by choosing the stock.