The usual steps for item import doesn't support Chinese characters due to the fact that the original .csv doesn't support UTF-8. Here's how you can make it work on Xilnex 3.0/3.1 and Xilnex RetailPOS (Classic).
- Export the Import Template (Can get it from Classic and 3.0/3.1)
- Create an Excel file (.xlsx) for this import and complete the editing in this excel file.
- Once the editing is done, save it (.xlsx) and upload the Excel file into the Google Drive.
- Open the uploaded Excel file at the Google Drive via Google Sheet.
- Download the file as .csv file (File -> Download -> Comma Separated Values .csv)
- After downloading the CSV file > Directly import the the file into the Xilnex 3.0 (Home -> Configurations -> System Configuration -> Import).
Take note: Please make sure that you did not open/edit the the .csv file once it is downloaded. Repeat the step 3 if further edit is needed.
While editing the file in Excel, save the file as CSV UTF-8 (Comma Delimited)
Take Note: This solution may not work if the file wasn't saved/configured properly in Excel application.