Sales Return is a function that allows you to issue an official statement for the returned goods.
Difference between Returning Sales and Cancelling Sales
- Cancelling the sales will not generate a new sales invoice in regards to the return. The initial sales status would change to [Cancelled]. While performing a sales return would retain the [Completed] status for the initial sales invoice.
- The same goes to the payment method. Performing a sales return would have a negative amount in the sales return while the payment in the original sales would remain as saved.
1 - Creating Sales Return
- Select [Sales Return] > enter the original sales number.
- Leaving the field blank would flag the return as [Open Return] and there will be no linkage between the sales return and the original sales.
- When the original sales invoice is selected, the client’s name will be set automatically on the Sales Return page.
- Add the returned item by using the [Find Item].
- Only the items from the previous sales will appear in the item list.
- [Optional] Enable [Return Item Exchange] in the [System Configuration] allows you to add a new item(s) in the sales return
- The quantity and sub-total will appear as a negative number.
- Complete the sales return by making the payment.
2 - Additional Information
- Normal Sales Return: When the Sales Invoice ID is present, there is a link to the previous sales.
- Open Return: When the Sales Invoice ID is left as blank, there will be no link to the previous sales.
- Return Status: Shows the status of the return such as open, confirmed
- Payment Status: Shows the status of the payment such as paid, NA and pending.
- Express Complete: Allow you to complete the Sales Return process immediately after confirming it.
- Print: To print the Sales Return details such as return item details and the necessary information.
- Custom Fields: Additional fields that serve additional purposes based on the user's preferences.