Bill of Materials is a package type item that consists of a list of raw materials, sub-components, parts and the quantities of each needed to manufacture an end product.
1 - Package Types
- Pre-Pack: Pre-pack package is a package type item that has individual stock quantity and has been put together into packaging before it goes on sale.
- Post-Pack: Post-Pack package is a package type item in which the customer to branch out more different items based on the Unit of Measurement but shares the same stock quantity as the parent item.
Example: Coke=Unit, Cokex24=Carton
- Bundle: A bundle is a combination of different items that are being sold under one item code (bundle item code) while each sub-items under the bundle have its stock quantity
Example: Camera bundle
- Recipe: Recipe is combination of items or raw materials and is mostly used for F&B.
Example: Chicken Chop
2 - Creating a Bill of Material
- There are a few compulsory fields that are required when creating a BOM, such as Package Code, Package Name, Package Type.
- [Optional] Price and quantity can be changed.
- The system shows the Total Cost, Total Price & Total AVG Cost at the bottom part of the form.
- To delete a BOM, you can directly delete it from the item list.