We are excited to share with you a new feature on User Management that is currently available now in our Xilnex RetailPOS application!
Previously, our Xilnex user could only set a valid email address and phone number to be used as the username for the staff account. This username can also be used to receive the authentication code and the password. We understand that this may be inconvenient in certain situations, therefore we have added another new option for registering the username.
Description: Create your desired username without using a phone number or email address.
Why use a username instead of an email address/phone number?
- Does not require a valid email address or phone number.
- The HQ(super admin account holder) has full control of the staff account.
- Able to use your preferable username. (Eg: demostore_ali)
- Reduce the problem where the phone number fails to receive the SMS for authentication purposes.
Characteristic & Requirement
- Alphabetic and numeric characters are allowed.
- Does not allow special characters except "_" (underscore) and "." (period).
- The Super admin username has to be their email address (not @firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The username has to be unique. Just like the Instagram account.
- The username option is only available in the latest version, you may check with your Xilnex personnel for more info.
The password and the authentication code will be sent to the super admin username through a valid email address. This includes the receiving of:
- Account password.
- Authentication code.
How to Set Up
- To use this feature, first we will have to convert your current super admin account to your company email (preferably the HR email of the company).
- We will revert to you once it has been activated.
Q: The system shows that the username is taken.
A: Use another username. We recommend you have a prefix to avoid this. Sample as follow:
Q: Can I add another email address as the receiver rather than the super admin email only?
A: Yes. Kindly reach out to us personally for this request.
Q: Can the username support capital letters?
We hope that you will enjoy this feature and we would be happy to hear from you if you have any feedback on it.